Dental Malpractice occurs when the treatment provided by dental health care professionals falls below the acceptable standard of care causing serious personal injuries. Like other areas of professional malpractice, dental malpractice is a form of negligence. Dentists are usually working hard to make sure that their patients are well cared for, but there are far too many mistakes that could have been prevented. In fact, it has been estimated that as many as 1 out of every 7 medical malpractice cases directly involves a dental malpractice issue.
Mr. Pine is dedicated to securing the compensation people deserve for injuries caused by dental malpractice and dental error, including such cases as:
- Failure to inform the patient of all available treatment options and the associated risks and benefits related to each
- Failure to refer to a specialist
- Negligence in failing to properly diagnose oral cancer or periodontal (gum) disease
- Causing nerve damage by improperly placing dental implants
- Damaging the Lingual nerve or Inferior Alveolar nerve while administering anesthesia or when removing wisdom teeth or molars
- Incorrect use of dental anesthesia resulting in complication or even death
- Improper procedures which result in injury and damage
- Malalignment of teeth or bite malocclusion resulting from substandard dental procedures
- Failed dental procedures
- Faulty root canals, crowns, implants, veneers, or dental bridges resulting in injury and infections to the jaw, face and gums
- Tooth loss due to faulty restorations
- Injury to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) after orthodontic treatment or restorative dentistry procedures
- Failure to perform a complete and thorough oral exam
- Not properly administering antibiotics prior to a dental surgical procedure
- Failing to diagnose or control an infection
- Use of faulty materials or products
- Medication error
As an experienced New York dental malpractice lawyer, a complete copy of your dental records will be obtained. The records are yours and you are entitled to this information under the law. It must be kept in mind that certain records may not be kept in the dental chart and must be specifically requested separately. For instance, the ledger and account history are usually on computer. It is also very important that all x-rays also be duplicated and obtained as well as progress notes, copies of prescriptions, copies of referral slips, etc.
We then fully investigate your dental malpractice case. This includes hiring the best specialists in the fields of dentistry at issue to act as our experts. These experts work with us to help determine if your injuries are due to malpractice and, if so, how the malpractice caused your injuries. Among the other things our that our dental experts do are: study all of your dental records, perform research to fully understand the issues at stake, work closely with us to determine strategy, investigate all potential defendants, draft documents to be filed with the court, and help to proactively manage your lawsuit to ensure that you receive the help you need to fully recover for your injuries.
Many victims of dental malpractice suffer serious injuries such as
- Numbness and nerve damage to the face, lip, jaw or tongue
- Chronic, debilitating pain
- Unnecessary multiple extractions
- Loss of teeth and bone support
- Wrong diagnosis
- Failure to diagnose conditions
- Oral infections
- Loss of taste
- Gum disease
New York Dental Malpractice Claims
If you or a loved one has been a victim of dental malpractice, you have the right to seek fair and full compensation for your present and future medical expenses, diminished quality of life, lost wages, pain and suffering and more.
Before determining whether your dental malpractice claim is valid, you should consult with us. We will sit down to discuss your injuries and the merits of your case. Contact our New York dental malpractice law firm today at (845) 558-8286 or through our contact form. We are here to help.